Italy is home to half of the world’s greatest art treasures and architectural achievements. Check out the wide range of artistic and cultural heritage sites that the country has to offer in all of its regions. Immense religious art and architecture, beautiful in its most simple as well as in its most magnificent expressions, unique cities and villages telling the story of western urbanistic development, unique archaeological sites. A holiday time in Italy is always a time for cultural enrichment.
If you are interested in culture in the Cinque Terre and La Spezia area:
- offers a vast landscape of quaint fishing villages
- has an important Naval Museum, with a wide collection of figureheads
- hides famous military attractions: fortresses, dockyards, WWII bunkers ruins and tunnels
- boasts a miracle statue of the hero of two worlds Giuseppe Garibaldi
- is home to the Amerigo Vespucci ship, the most beautiful in the world
- was the Sion gate
- had a central role in the Futuristic artistic movement
- has many beautiful prehistoric sites, and in one a butterly appears on the summer solstice
- is likely to be the true Bonaparte’s home
- was inspiration for one of the founders of the Macchiaioli art school.